A 59.4 error message on HP LaserJets 4250, 4300, and the 4350 is a toner motor rotation error. This error is usually caused by toner that is constrained inside the toner cartridge. In most cases, the solution for this error is to simply replace the toner cartridge with a new one. Below are troubleshooting steps for the HP 59.4 error:
- 1) First, try turning off the printer and waiting for 20 seconds. Then turn the printer on again. If this does not remove the error message, go to step 2.
- 2) Replace the toner cartridge with a new toner cartridge. This usually corrects the 59.4 error. If it does not, go to step 3.
- 3) Try reconnecting the print-cartridge-motor wire harness on the dc controller PCA. If this does not work, on to step 4.
- 4) Try replacing the print-cartridge motor. If this does not resolve the error, go to step 5.
- 5) Replace the dc controller PCA.